Ronnie won the fourth and last leg of the Bulgarian Tour 2017, beating Stephen Hendry by 6-4. He wins the series by 3-1.
I was due back to Greece, and I missed the action. So there will be no pictures from me this time. Judging by images shared by Jason Francis on twitter, they had a hard day of preparation:
The match was played outdoor, which must have been nice in the Bulgarian weather, but very unusual. It has to be said, playing under the lights, when the outside temperature is near 30°C isn’t that great. On the previous days, both players came out of the arena totally wet through with sweat.
I haven’t seen the match (yet) obviously but if Jason Francis’ report on twitter is anything to go by, it was another high quality affair:
- Outdoors tonight in Burgas, first time for everything
- 57 from Ronnie 1-0
- Hendry 116 to go 1-1. Playing like a dream in the balls
- Ros century 104 leads 2/1
- 87 from Hendry and its 2-2 at the break. Great standard
- Hendry goes 3-2 up but Ronnie 50 up in frame 6
- 3/3 here in Burgas
- Another century from
@SHendry775 125 to lead 4-3
- 87 from Ronnie 4-4 now. Ridiculous standard here. Maybe outdoors is the future
- Ronnie 5-4
- Ronnie wins 6-4 and takes the series 3/1
And some more pictures of the setup shared by Stephen Hendry on Instagram
And of the action, shared on twitter by fans
And here is the match:
and this mini clip about the show
I’m very happy that the series wasn’t one-sided. It would have been if Stephen had played like he did last season in Scunthorpe. But it’s obvious that he’s been working hard on his game and he will be a handful for everybody on the Seniors tour this season. It’s also great to see him enjoying the game again.