Ronnie was in on Channel 4 Sunday Brunch yesterday speaking snooker, American Hustle and … cooking.
Here is what they cooked:
Sea Bream With Tomatoes, Basil and Mint
29 Jan 2017
Serves 2 – 4
4 sea bream fillets
oil to fry
salt & pepper
about 6-8 plum tomatoes cut into 5mm rounds
100ml olive oil
1 green chilli, sliced into rounds
3 cloves sliced garlic
250ml white wine
juice and zest of 2 limes
serve with crusty buttered bread
1. To prepare the fish, oil the fish and season. Cook for 2 minutes each side, then baste with butter and drain.
2. For the tomatoes, heat half the olive oil until warm. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the wine and cook approximately for 10 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down.
5. Take off the heat, add lime and herbs.
6. Serve the fish on top of the tomatoes and serve with crusty buttered bread
He also talked a bit of his career, insisting that it’s hard work that earned him professional success and promoting his American Hustle show. Going by reactions on twitter it was very funny. Not sure though that his comparison between snooker and pool using a golf analogy will go down well with Earl Strickland. Apparently, snooker is like playing in the Open in Augusta, whist pool is like playing crazy golf… mmm …
The episode is available (for 30 days starting yesterday) here but you need to register with them AND to have an address in the UK or Ireland … In this time and era, I don’t understand such restrictions! Grrr !!!
If the above doesn’t work for you either, there is this with just the part of the show involving Ronnie…