PAUL HUNTER CLASSIC 2019:
FLORIAN NÜSSLE TO PLAY KYREN WILSON IN ROUND 1
The PHC was a Main Tour ranking event between 2010 and 2018 but this year will be held as an invitational event in Fürth, Germany, on 24-25 August.
Florian is one of three promising youngsters who have been handed a wild card for the 16-player event.
Full draw for the PHC 2019:
> Saturday 24 August at 11:00 hrs local time:
– Kyren Wilson vs Florian Nüßle
– Luca Brecel vs Mark King
– Matt Selt vs Dominic Dale
– Ken Doherty vs Ryan Davies
> Saturday at 14:00 hrs:
– Barry Hawkins vs Matthew Stevens
– David Gilbert vs Michael Holt
– Joe Perry vs Ben Mertens
– Shaun Murphy vs qualifier *
* the final starting place will be awarded to the winner of a qualifying event, where Andreas Ploner will be among the participants.
The ÖSBV wishes both Florian and Andreas best of luck!
The qualifying event mentioned will be played at the Ballroom in Nürnberg, Germany under supervision of Jürgen Kesseler who published this information on his facebook page
registration for the qualifier for the Paul Hunter Classic in Fuerth only through my website:
If you are not able to register, let me know.
The format isn’t known yet.
Also I noticed than the Paul Hunter Classic is no more listed in the official Worldsnooker Prize Money Schedule. From memory, the TOTAL money available for the event was £17500 which is really not much at all. I’m not sure what it means status wise that the event is no more on the list. It is still on the calendar though.